This week I discovered a new blog that looks worth following for anyone interested in human-environment interactions, sustainability, or CHANS. The Global Change blog intends to explore big questions about society and environmental change, such as:
- How do personal choices and values play a role in this conversation?
- What do the natural sciences have to say about the way our world is changing?
- What do the social sciences and humanities have to say about the ways that the social and the cultural intersect with questions surrounding environment?
- How can we address environmental and social challenges at the same time?
- How is environmentalism changing in response to these pressures?
- What’s the role of higher education in facilitating sustainability and environmental literacy?
So far the blog has posted a mix of thoughtful original writing (for example on reasons why people don’t engage climate change) and brief highlights of other work. Hope they keep it coming!